Physical Therapy after an auto accident
In 2012, over 2 million people in the US were involved in auto accidents. The most common injuries after an auto accident are neck and back pain.
At SOS Physical Therapy, we often treat people for following motor vehicle accidents.
We follow international guidlines (reference Danish and Australian) that have been developed for treating pain resulting from motor vehicle accidents.
The Key points of our evaluation and treatment following an auto accident:
- Those who start moving faster make a much faster recovery
- We emphasize early return to activity
- We look for pain relieving exercises
- We help you restore mobility
- Manual therapy is used to help restore mobility exercise alone is not sufficient
- Active therapy has been shown to be much superior than passive therapies (ultrasound, electric stimulation), so we minimize their use.
- We get you independent as quickly as possible as ongoing treatment has been shown to delay recovery.
Choose from our list of services for more details: