Preventive Exercise and Fitness Program
Regular physical activity is one of the most important things you can do for your health!
Once the pain has improved or resolved, our aim at SOS Physical Therapy is to help you return to an active lifestyle. Many people are afraid to return to activity for fear of hurting themselves.
We develop a thorough understanding of how your condition responds to movement, which allows us to help you build an exercise program that will help prevent recurrence and not cause it.
We want every patient to leave with an exercise program that is individually tailored, enjoyable and has continual long term benefits!
Exercise has all of these wonderful benefits:
One of the lesser appreciated facts related to exercise, is that it is the single best thing you can do for your brain!
- Controls weight
- Reduces risk of cardiovascular disease Reduces risk for type 2 diabetes and metabolic syndrome
- Reduces risk of some cancers
- Strengthens bones and muscles
- Improves ability to do daily activities and prevent falls
- Improves life expectancy
- Reduces risk of recurrent back pain.
Did You Know?
- Exercise reverses the detrimental effects of stress
- Exercise lifts depression
- Burning 350 calories 3 times per week has been shown to reduce depression as effectively as anti-depressants
- Builds self-esteem and improves body image
- Leaves you feeling euphoric
- Keeps brain fit and fends off memory loss.
Choose from our list of services for more details: